Important Feature Requests!

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 8 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 8 months ago
First of all, I'd like to thank the good people at duckduckgo for being so awesome. Without you, we would all be at the mercy at companies like google like profit off of our selling privacy.

Now onto a few feature requests from myself(please feel free to reply to this thread if any of you have requests of your own, I hope that way this thread would gain more traction and the devs will look at this more closely):

1. I'm a Windows Phone 8.1 user. We really really need an official ddgo app. I've found WP to be such a fantastic mobile platform despite the app gap so I really do hope more people will start supporting it including developers! It has some really neat privacy features built-in so that's one other reason why I'm sticking with WP.

2. I find myself using the mobile ddgo site a lot but the inability to submit a more detailed search has hindered me quite a bit. For example there isn't a clear way of searching for News on a particular subject. Or if there is I can't seem to find it!

3. I really don't mind at all the ads because I know that's what keeps ddgo financially viable. One way we can help you guys is having a page under settings or a quick select menu where we can quickly select a few general genres of things we're interested in. That way you guys can provide targeted ads without compromising your privacy ethos.

That's all I can think of for now. I hope you guys do get to read this and it'll be awesome to get a response!

I will keep updating this thread. Peace!

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
Thanks for you input, I can address a couple of these items:

2. The search parameters when using a mobile browser are the same as when using a desktop system. In your example, if you want news on a particular topic, just use the News keyword before your search phrase, as in: news New York .

3. Just as in the desktop version, DDG only displays a single, search specific ad, which is displayed as the first search result. If you are seeing additional ads, they are not being placed there by DDG, possibly they are being placed there by the app you are using?

Thanks!
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 8 months ago Link
Mallart
Or two ads in certain circumstances.
https://duck.co/forum/thread/11318/two-a...
posted by Mallart 3 years and 8 months ago Link
x.15a2
I stand corrected, thanks for that! Yes, the max adds is 2.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 8 months ago Link
anonymous
Thanks for getting back to me! Ah. I get it now. Is there a page which summarizes all the different parameters we can use with search?

My bad. I meant ad, singular not plural. I don't use an app for ddgo because like I said there isn't one for Windows Phone 8, not an official one anyway. Please give us one!
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 8 months ago Link