Found a 'bug' with the instant answer for 'how many people are in space right now"

Mallart Mallart
Created: 3 years and 8 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 8 months ago
I'll give the instruction on how to replicate this bug:

1) Type in 'how many people are in space right now'.
2) In the instant answer, click on 'Barry Willmore' (or any of the 6 choices).
3) You'll be directed to the search page for Barry Willmore. However if you look immediately at the search box in the header you'll find the following:
"Born and bred in the beautiful state of Tennessee, Barry has always been inquisitive. He was the walk on captain on Tennessee Tech's football team. He has piloted the Space Shuttle (STS 129) and was CAPCOM for the final shuttle mission in 2011. This humble Southerner is most excited about how his work can be used for the betterment of mankind."

Somehow I don't think that is intented to happen.

P.S - I have the header behaviour set to 'on and floating'.

[http://i.imgur.com/S11u2qO.jpg]

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 8 months ago Link
Mallart
?????
posted by Mallart 3 years and 8 months ago Link
zac
That's a whacky bug if I've ever seen one. Sorry for the bad surprise--we'll look into what's causing it and attempt a fix.

You can also check out the next version of that Instant Answer here:
posted by zac Staff3 years and 8 months ago Link
zac
def. a bug--> you have to click one of the info boxes and it will happen. At least on the browsers I tried.
posted by zac Staff3 years and 8 months ago Link