Up key scrolling up is screwed.

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 8 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 8 months ago
I'm using firefox and no mouse. Everytime I hold the up key( like I would everywhere else) it's not scrolling up as it should do, instead it's going up and down, mostly down.. unless I tap the up key or click the top page button.. Please fix this!!! Thanks

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

Dishaaa
Hello! This has happened to me before and I would recommend hitting F7. If it still doesn't work, please let me know :)
posted by Dishaaa 3 years and 8 months ago Link
x.15a2
I use Pale Moon browser (x64) on Windows 8.1, which is also Gecko based and I'm unable to replicate what you are describing (not sure of the environment you are using FF in). I seem to remember that this was an issue in the past, but don't recall the exact circumstances (I'll do a quick search to see if I can resurrect that info).

In my testing, I used default DDG settings, please let me know if you have any custom settings in DDG and I'll test those too.

On your side, a couple of things that you might want to consider looking at. First, please verify that you are using the most current driver for your graphics card (FF can be sensitive about video drivers) and you might want to try backing off on your keyboard repeat rate just a bit to see if that helps. Please not that I'm not saying that this is your problem, just trying to cover all bases.

Thanks!
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 8 months ago Link
Mallart
Yeah that happens to me all the time. If you scroll down the result page (to 'more link' if your advance settings disabled auto-load), pressing and holding the up 'key will' scroll up in an near infinite loop. The only fix I see is tapping the 'up key', that a pretty annoying bug though.
posted by Mallart 3 years and 8 months ago Link