Sorry, no results here.

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 8 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 8 months ago
I did the following search: "police shoot black man in nj"

I got a message that said "Sorry, no results here" followed by a screen full of relevant responses.

So, I don't know if the "Sorry, no results here" message is a bug or I'm just too dense to understand its inner meaning.

I tried a couple of other searches and got results, but no "Sorry, no results here" message.

Here's the URL with the embedded search:
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=police+shoot+black+man+in+nj&t=ffsb

Thanks,

Oldbrit
Attached Files: 1
duckduckgo sorry no results here.png - Full

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
It's in the Istant Answers box, but no category is selected, so it might be a bug. If you click on "images" or "videos" it loads correctly.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 8 months ago Link
anonymous
So, the first time I used your search, I found a possible bug? Do I need to report that somewhere or has that already been done virtue of posting here?
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 8 months ago Link
x.15a2
It could have been a temporary service outage or other temporary issue. I am unable to replicate using the search criteria that you provided.

Thanks for reporting this issue and thanks for using DDG!
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 8 months ago Link
anothernewphone
I'm not able to reproduce this on Firefox, OS X.
posted by anothernewphone Staff3 years and 8 months ago Link
Moollaza
Thanks a lot for reporting this!

Even though we can't reproduce it for this query, we now realize that the "Sorry, no results" you saw is a little misleading. It's supposed to explain that there are no Instant Answer results, but for someone new to DuckDuckGo, who doesn't even know we have Instant Answers, it can be hard to understand.

We'll be reviewing the design of this and hope to fix it shortly.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention!
posted by Moollaza Staff3 years and 8 months ago Link