Reverse Image Search

Honema Honema
Created: 3 years and 10 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 10 months ago
I think that this at least being thought of by the developers of duckduckgo, but I just want to ring some bells to notify them that yes this is an extremely useful feature.
Just as google's reverse image search, duckduckgo should nee one, since I REALLY love duckduckgo but this keeps taking me back to google :(
[http://puu.sh/fc4gR/a5566aca29.png]
Hope something will be created in the near future, and I also hope people won't just recommend paid image hosting/searching services...
Thanks in advance!

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
Agreed! this is a great suggestion! +1
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 10 months ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 1 year and 11 months ago
led
C'est un outil efficace pour les webmasters !
posted by led 3 years and 10 months ago Link
javathunderman
This would be a great addition, but remember: DDG is a small company with a few employees, while !G has thousands of employees and is huge. I don't expect this feature to pop up any time soon, but maybe one day...
posted by javathunderman Community Leader3 years and 10 months ago Link
anonymous
They could always use the TinEye API, though they would likely have to negotiate a enterprise scale solution with them. Which would very likely cost a bit of money. Googles API also supports searching by image, though Google may not appreciate that. There are others, but not near as comprehensive as Google or TinEye.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 10 months ago Link
javathunderman
Well, !G's API would come with whatever tracking software they have on it. TinEye looks ok, but I think it's best that this is put off for later.
posted by javathunderman Community Leader3 years and 10 months ago Link
Honema
thanks for the reminder, With how quickly it's developing I tend to forget just how small it is and how resource demanding this idea would be.
I hope to see it in the future sometime as well!
posted by Honema 3 years and 10 months ago Link
anonymous
Am trying the switch to duckduckgo for general searching.
Is there a UI element for advanced search? I like the minimalism but I think this is a missing feature for sure

If this is a feature you were interested in then one of the best things you could do is explain what type of features you'd be looking for so DDG gets a real understanding of what about Advanced Search is valuable to you and can better integrate it.
posted by AdamSC1 Staff3 years and 10 months ago Link
ddg.ps01
Yes, there are a few missing features, like a translator. But I like DDG.
posted by ddg.ps01 3 years and 10 months ago Link
anonymous
There many other good reverse image search engines besides google and you can see the whole list here http://www.akshatblog.com/reverse-image-...
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 2 months ago Link