google

apr181 apr181
Created: 3 years and 8 months ago
Why is it that when Firefox opens it opens too Google and not DDG. I thought they where part of the privacy thing.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

SpacePockets
You have to go in and change it yourself! It's very easy, just go to your search bar and hit "Change search settings" and change your default to Duck Duck Go! I also recommend making Duck Duck Go your home page so it's the first thing that opens when you start up Firefox! Hope that helped!
posted by SpacePockets 3 years and 8 months ago Link
iDragon
I think that is your web browser configuration, check over preferences and General, what's on firefox preferences over new windows or tabs?

Regards.
posted by iDragon 3 years and 8 months ago Link
x.15a2
In short, it has to do with funding. It used to be that Mozilla was largely funded by !G but that changed at the end of 2014 and now their largest benefactor is Yahoo, which is now the default search engine in FF.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 8 months ago Link