Android App Error

sebasorribas Community Leader sebasorribas
Created: 3 years and 7 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 7 months ago
Hi DDG Community!!
I'm having this problem with DDG App for Android (as seen on the image) on several occasions that I want to use it. My phone runs Android 4.4.4 and DDG is my default search engine.
I've sent the report, but I want to share with you anyway
Attached Files: 1
Screenshot_2015-02-04-19-45-42.png - Full

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
So, to help clarify: This happens when running a search using the DDG app and the results are meant to be displayed by the DDG app (and not an external browser), is that correct?
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 7 months ago Link
sebasorribas
No, the results are meant to be displayed on an external browser (Firefox for Android)
posted by sebasorribas Community Leader3 years and 7 months ago Link
x.15a2
I'm guessing that it's 4.4.4 related, unfortunately my phone is only 4.3 (can't update any further). Only other thing that I can think of (just for testing) is trying with a different browser. Not suggesting that it's your browser at fault, just trying to change the environment to see if the symptom goes away. Sorry I can't help more than that, maybe someone else in the community can?
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 7 months ago Link
sebasorribas
I'll try with a different browser then, maybe that is the solution. Who knows? :)
Either way, thanks for your help, and I'll be waiting for other member's help
sebasorribas
UPDATE: The error message appears now when I'm typing the search. I dismiss the message, continue typing and do the search just fine
Moollaza
@sebasorribas thanks for reporting - the App is actually open-source on GitHub so I'll post an issue there for the devs to take a look at.
posted by Moollaza Staff3 years and 7 months ago Link
sebasorribas
Thanks for the follow!!! :)