!ftp not working (or is it me?)

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 1 month ago • Updated: 3 years and 1 month ago
Is it me or is the !ftp bang not working properly? My aim is to look for FTP sites containing certain files. So i use filename !ftp. Then what i get is a whole bunch of websites. Is that not how to use the !ftp bang?

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

I think !ftp isn´t a bang.
posted by ddg.ps01 3 years and 1 month ago Link
It is listed in the Downloads section.
!4shared !addic7ed !aminet !audioz !baiduyun !bbt !bdy !bitgamer !bitsnoop !btdigg !btmon !burnbit !c !demonoid !ed2kpr !ed2ksp !emule !fenopy !filedir !filefacts !filehippo (!file) !filestube (!ftube) !filext (!fileinfo) !ftdb !ftp !ftram !h33t !ih !isohunt !katp !kick !kickasstorrents (!kat) !lcc !mamont (!mmnt) !mg !mimvi !modulusfe !mvnrepository !nounproject !nyaa !nyaa !nzbi !offliberty !pbi !predb !publichd !rlslog !sfmeta !subtitles !superdownloads (!superd) !tanka !taringa !thepiratebay (!tpb) !thorrents !tmd !torrent !torrent-finder !torrentz !tpbother !tpbs !tpp !tsh !tt !userstyles !winehq "
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 1 month ago Link
I'm going to escalate this one, I don't know the history or the intended functionality of !FTP. I'll let you know what I find out. Thanks for your patience.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 1 month ago Link
You can submit fixes (and new !bangs) here: https://duckduckgo.com/newbang
posted by zac Staff3 years and 1 month ago Link