Love Duck Duck Go

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 5 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 5 months ago
I've been using Duck duck go now for more than 4 years and have never had a problem. I'm a geek too so that helps.
If anyone has questions about the engine please drop a comment below. I will try my best to answer your questions.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

sebasorribas
Are you spreading the word about DDG??? Tell your friends and partners how great it is, that would help a lot! :)
https://duckduckgo.com/spread
posted by sebasorribas Community Leader3 years and 5 months ago Link
JSmith123963
A quote from you "'I've been using Duck duck go now for more than 4 years and have never had a problem". How is that possible that you never had problems, four years ago, Duckduckgo never had their mapping service and other features such as images. In the past Duckduckgo was not a completely built search engine, now finally these features have been implemented and now I would not have a problem using it, the search engine is so much better than in the past.
posted by JSmith123963 3 years and 5 months ago Link
javathunderman
True, we have improved, but there was a lot of things to like about old DDG. For one, we had some more IAs than we do now (we had a redesign in May 2014, and some of the IAs still haven't been adapted for the new syntax and look).
posted by javathunderman Community Leader3 years and 4 months ago Link
JSmith123963
What is an IA?
posted by JSmith123963 3 years and 4 months ago Link
MyUser
Instant Answer, those boxes at the top that tell you things. So much better than clicking on results. :D
posted by MyUser 3 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
How were those IAs created? Staff top picks? DDG members?
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 4 months ago Link
x.15a2
Many are community developed. http://duckduckhack.com/
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
Thanks @x.15a2. This is the kind of thing I love about this product and community.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 4 months ago Link
NixKix21
Yay! DDG is great!
posted by NixKix21 3 years and 4 months ago Link