Please don't ask about a DuckDuckGo e-mail service

zac Staff zac
Created: 2 years and 9 months ago
DuckDuckGo has no plans of creating an e-mail service. You can find info. about why (and other common questions) on our Help pages:

https://duck.co/help/features/email

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

javathunderman
BTW, please don't ask about a browser or social network either. It kind of falls into the email category.
posted by javathunderman Community Leader2 years and 8 months ago Link
JSmith123963
A browser does not fall into email catagory
posted by JSmith123963 2 years and 8 months ago Link
x.15a2
it does in that DDG doesn't have any of these projects on their radar, that's what @javathunderman was referring to, not that the 2 are somehow in the same function category.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader2 years and 8 months ago Link
javathunderman
Yep, that's what I meant. Thanks @x.15a2!
posted by javathunderman Community Leader2 years and 8 months ago Link
zac
We've said it in the past and it's worth reiterating.... if the DuckDuckGo community created a DDG-browser, focused on privacy, open source, etc. --> we would love to support it! It's just not something we can take on because we're focused on search.
posted by zac Staff2 years and 8 months ago Link
5ull1v4n
Hi all, for mail projects there is openmailbox.org, all email service is build in pure free software, and one of their features 'in' is the administration/creation of keys for encrypt your mails with OpenPGP, of course the project needs donations for still online, but it's great i use it as a serious alternative for all other mail services known.
posted by 5ull1v4n 2 years and 8 months ago Link
anonymous
actually, such a browser IS the next step in good search because the purpose would be RE-SEARCH.

What that browser would do would be to eliminate overloading or loading of video media, ie deny adobe! (and lots of other adverts) And allow the user to create a research project; to collect text, author, bookmark and group same into a locally viewable "chapter and verse" publication.

it's been my webdream for years.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 4 months ago Link
javathunderman
posted by javathunderman Community Leader2 years and 4 months ago Link
OpalYeah7800
I wish there was an Email service that was private, and didn't cost money.
posted by OpalYeah7800 1 year and 3 months ago Link
buckeye
who wouldn't but how would you expect them to afford it without a revenue source

your best option is to host your own email server
posted by buckeye 1 year and 3 months ago Link
duckduckian
Actually proton mail is pretty good.
posted by duckduckian 1 year and 3 months ago Link
anonymous
you can use Protonmail or Tutanota if you want privacy
posted by <hidden> • 1 year and 3 months ago Link