Is this a sick joke?

isthisajoke isthisajoke
Created: 3 years and 2 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 2 months ago
I recently discovered DuckDuckGo and have been using it as my default search engine. After a while I found out about duck.co, so I went exploring the site and the help section and then I stumbled upon this page https://duck.co/help/settings/holiday-lo...
What I found there is completely disgusting, not only are you monetizing people's deaths, but you are also making a joke of them by saying its a holiday that John McCarthy died as well as Steve Jobs. I get that it may be an accident that you're calling those events holidays, but monetizing their deaths? I don't think there are any excuses for that. Can I get an explanation for this? I've attached images to show what I am complaining about
Attached Files: 2
1.PNG - Full 2.PNG - Full

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
I don't understand what's wrong with it, ever heard about anniversaries?
Are you against the holocaust memory for example?
Maybe I miss something...
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 2 months ago Link
sebasorribas
posted by sebasorribas Community Leader3 years and 2 months ago Link
AdamSC1
Memorial dates are not celebrating someone's death, but rather celebrating and remembering the life they had.
posted by AdamSC1 Staff3 years and 2 months ago Link
apr181
Someone needs to take a chill pill!
posted by apr181 3 years and 2 months ago Link