Duckbrowser

Whatsup Whatsup
Created: 3 years and 1 month ago • Updated: 3 years and 1 month ago
Duckduckgo has made a lot of things such as Duckduckgp app for Android and IOS, made addons for Mozila Firefox and Google Chrome, I think it would be a good idea if Duckduckgo made a browser with built-in privacy functions such as eliminate tracking cookies, free VPN proxy, and also I wish the browser would be faster than chrome.
Attached Files: 4
1c_news.jpg - Full soundcloud_hero.jpg - Full tycho_hero.jpg - Full regex_hero.jpg - Full

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
Please use the forums search feature when considering your post:
https://duck.co/forum/search?q=browser&t...
DuckDuckGo is focused on getting search correct. Until we've got an autonomous community creating and maintaining Instant Answers, there's no reason to focus on a browser.

Historically, browsers have had terrible success with adoption rates. In the past, DuckDuckGo has offered to back a community-created browser but nobody stepped up to do it.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 1 month ago Link
Whatsup
Well I and the others will be willing to get Duckduckgo browser.
posted by Whatsup 3 years and 1 month ago Link
x.15a2
Not sure what you're saying, but if you're offering to work on open-source development of the browser, I'd suggest that you read through this thread to see how the previous project has progressed, including the github repository.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 1 month ago Link
JSmith123963
That's cool, I am with you :)
posted by JSmith123963 3 years and 1 month ago Link
Sam999999
I like your idea. I would like to see Duckduckgo make a browser as all the other browsers suck. For example, Google Chrome tracks you, Firefox is too slow, Internet Explorer, I don't even need to explain what the issue with using IE. But one thing about your pictures, you seem to have copied them from the Duckduckgo site and made edits to the picture.
posted by Sam999999 3 years and 1 month ago Link
ddg.ps01
I recommend you Comodo Dragon and Epic Privacy Browser.
posted by ddg.ps01 3 years and 1 month ago Link
JSmith123963
Does Google Chrome track users? What about Firefox, do they track their users?
tagawa
Firefox has a "Tell sites that I do not want to be tracked" option (Preferences -> Privacy).

It also has options to send or not send data back to Mozilla about browser perforrmance and crash reports (Preferences -> Advanced -> Data Choices).

That's the only tracking that Firefox does as far as I'm aware. Not sure about Chrome or Chromium.
posted by tagawa Staff3 years and 1 month ago Link
buckeye
regarding I don't want to be tracked: ddg used to have a web page that told all about that and what a farce it is

for some reason they pulled that page but you can still read it on the waybackmachine at http://web.archive.org/web/2014121815333...

pretty good read
posted by buckeye 3 years and 1 month ago Link
JSmith123963
In my opinion, Duckduckgo should have that page up again and show this page to the users.
zac
We now forward that page to donttrack.us and fixtracking.com goes to Gabriel's post on privacy. The reason for the changes is that both pages require more attention/updates than we can spare. This is a good thing, signaling that positive movement is happening in the privacy industry, but would be bad if we are showing outdated information or drawing attention away from positive efforts.
posted by zac Staff3 years and 1 month ago Link
Fastman
I like the screenshots you have given, thanks for it. I also like the idea of having a browser that is owned Duckduckgo. Duckduckgo has the best looking search engine I have ever seen. Since they are creative at design I think they can also make a browser that has the best UI (user interface).
posted by Fastman 3 years and 1 month ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 1 month ago
BigxMac
At this moment I feel like DDG is and should be focused on web services. Once search is to a point where other projects can be considered I feel that email and cloud storage are viable next steps, but as far as software goes beyond the DDG apps (which I personally don't use and am not a big fan of) I think they are good for now.
posted by BigxMac 3 years and 1 month ago Link