Please don't ask about a DuckDuckGo browser

zac Staff zac
Created: 2 years and 8 months ago
DuckDuckGo is dedicated to search and so we have no plans to create a browser (or an email service). Our company and community is focused on creating and maintaining Instant Answers to power a better search experience. If you'd like to get involved there, we'd love your help.

For future posts, please use the forums search feature when considering your topic, as it's likely been discussed before: https://duck.co/forum/search?q=browser&t...

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 8 months ago
Zhyl
Discourse has a nice feature where it auto-detects topics that have been made a LOT (clearly the makers are avid forum users :P). Whilst the new and improved community platform probably won't have anything so swish, it would definitely be an idea to have tools to be able to tidy up all these threads, especially as DDG grows in popularity.
posted by Zhyl 2 years and 8 months ago Link
zac
Hoping to address some of this in the upcoming redesign. Stay tuned!
posted by zac Staff2 years and 8 months ago Link
anonymous
A great opportunity for someone to make an android service that appears to Android as a browser, then opens the URL to the DuckDuckGo app.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 6 months ago Link
anonymous
like the way you're thinking, just don't restrict yourself to android
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 1 month ago Link
javathunderman
posted by javathunderman Community Leader2 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
you're ok with your improvement of the search experience,
just asking myself what's the point of an search engine that does't track you, when nowadays all browsers do it. seams to make no sence.
anyhow still and forwordly will use Duckduckgo for all my search requests, for not to summit voluntarily more data to those s...... .
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 1 month ago Link
duckduckian
you see some people dont use only DDG for its do not track policy, but they use it for its other cool features like instant awnsers,bangs and other stuff also is your show passionate for a DDG browser instead of opaque check this out (its still under development)https://duck.co/forum/thread/15655/meh-d...
posted by duckduckian 2 years and 1 month ago Link
OpalYeah7800
I am considering making a browser that provides great interface, nice modern look, and focuses on privacy. It won't be entirely focusing on being a "DuckDuckGo Browser" but will start with DuckDuckGo being your default search engine. It will also have an option to have a DuckDuckGo or Kinteil (my WIP search engine which currently runs on Google CSE) Toolbar ready to use in the browser. The built in choices will be DuckDuckGo, Startpage, Kinteil, and Yahoo. But, the point is that it will be a browser which supports private search engines. And also, I know this will be alot of work, but soon I must work hard to make it work. :)
posted by OpalYeah7800 1 year and 3 months ago Link