permanent safe search

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 6 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 6 months ago
Is there a way to permanently turn on safe search so that the buttons to turn it off no longer appear?

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 6 months ago
anonymous
It's stupid and pointless that I don't want my kid to be able to turn off safe search so easily?
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 6 months ago Link
x.15a2
I'd like to add that, while safe search is On by default, even using the other methods that I pointed out below, it is possible for any user to access and change the settings. While Safe Search is convenient for protecting from potentially unwanted content, it should not be viewed as a replacement for parental controls or other content blocking.

There are many online services that provide online parental controls, some of which are both effective and free of charge (one example being OpenDns).

Thanks for using DDG!
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 6 months ago Link
anonymous
Thank you for your answer I tried a few of the firefox apps for parental controls and safe search was already working better than the apps i tried. Also I was looking for a solution for the android version of firefox and there are very few apps for that version. So far DDG has had the best filtering I was just wondering if DDG had an option to hide the temp and perm buttons. Thank you again I appreciate and will try your recommendations. =)
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 6 months ago Link
JSmith123963
Seriously, people in India don't even care about "child safety", people these days worry too much about this.
posted by JSmith123963 3 years and 6 months ago Link
x.15a2
Hopefully this page will be helpful to you: https://duck.co/help/features/safe-searc...
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 6 months ago Link