Accidentally wrong translation

derekkstr derekkstr
Created: 3 years and 3 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 3 months ago
Dear all,

I accidentally added a translation twice.
It is on this translation:
/tokenlanguage/129684

The translation: "Startpagina Animaties" is totally wrong and I don't know how to delete my own translation.

Greetings,
Derek

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

derekkstr
When I try to delete it I only make it worse. Also on translation /tokenlanguage/129885
Is my translation: "Toon Web of Vertrouwde iconen voor elk resultaat" wrong.
The other one is right.
posted by derekkstr 3 years and 3 months ago Link
anonymous
No problem derekkstr, I set them as invalid.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 3 months ago Link
balacobaco
There is one time I sent a string twice because I could not edit/remove the wrong one I did first. And it was just a simple tupo!

Maybe we can have a kind of link to mark our own strings as wrong/bad/deletable.

Even better, we could mark other people's translation as good or as bad (with both counts shown, so others can decide to vote for them). For the bad markers, a comment can be useful to explain the reasons (if needed).

Some reasons can be good and valuable for voting on them (either as good or bad): word errors; gramatical errors; wrong in the context (which is a bit hard to completely check, and sometimes varies differently in each language/culture); unclear sentence, finding a better one can help.

Sometimes I don't vote for translation because they are bad. But if it already has more votes than a right one, it may be slower for it to be substituted. It may depending on reading comments, and so on. A hard path. With the values being voted this can be mashed up more quickly.

Strings that are already translated and/or used but don't have enough good qualities for most translators can be given a higher priority to be shown to them one more time.

What do you think? (and if someone else want to discuss this here, we shold copy my post a new thread)
posted by balacobaco 3 years and 3 months ago Link
anonymous
The delete feature is available only to Translation Managers, but a down voting could be a nice idea for every user. I'll propose your suggestions to the other TMs.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 3 months ago Link
balacobaco
I would like this! I have seen some translations to Portuguese-BR that were technically wrong (in a way that should not be done in any site, and even less in some site like this one).

With a down vote (+ justified? Even better!) we could make these easily shown to other translators/voters that might be unware of the situations, but if they only suspected - and that's where the down votes should strive for improvements.
posted by balacobaco 3 years and 26 days ago Link
preemeijer
Thanks.
posted by preemeijer Community Leader3 years and 3 months ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 3 months ago