OpenDyslexic font

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 2 years and 11 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 11 months ago
Hi! Why not offer OpenDyslexic as a font option in settings? This font would be very helpful for people who have dyslexia, or otherwise have problems reading words.

More info about this font can be found here.

I think it would be a great idea, and something that some websites, such as Wikipedia, have already implemented. Thanks!

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
That's a nice idea, I second this.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 11 months ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 11 months ago
x.15a2
I like the idea as well, as I am slightly dyslexic myself, specifically with numerals. I'm going to push this to the devs for their input. Thanks!
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader2 years and 11 months ago Link
waterlubber
I'm not dyslexic, but I can clearly see how useful this might be. It also looks pretty cool.
posted by waterlubber 2 years and 11 months ago Link
buckeye
Quote:
I'm not dyslexic, but I can clearly see
. haha not sure if that was supposed to be funny or just turned out that way
posted by buckeye 2 years and 11 months ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 11 months ago
zac
You can use custom fonts with the "Custom" option under Appearance --> font: https://duckduckgo.com/settings#
posted by zac Staff2 years and 11 months ago Link
x.15a2
Perfect, thanks!

For those interested in this, you'll need to download and install the OpenDyslexic font. I did this in Windows and in the Custom Font field I entered the font name (as returned by Windows: OpenDyslexic3 ) with the following results:

[http://snag.gy/y0eZ6.jpg]
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader2 years and 11 months ago Link
preemeijer
Thanks for this. I will tell everyone I know that this is an option. This is great for students with dyslexia. :)
posted by preemeijer Community Leader2 years and 11 months ago Link