Search results are totally broken...

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 2 years and 8 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 8 months ago
It has been like this for months, and I have had to use other search engines in the meantime. I don't know what I can do from this end, except keep reporting bad relevancy.

Regardless of what I'm searching for, DuckDuckGo offers results that do not include my search terms and do not have anything to do with my topic. Sometimes it is a mix of relevant results and completely irrelevant results. Sometimes it is only completely irrelevant results.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

tagawa
It's very difficult to confirm or look into this without know the search queries. Do you have one or two examples where the results have been irrelevant? Or perhaps the broader details, e.g. sport searches with region set to UK.

If you've already been report the bad relevancy links then I don't think there's much else to do other than wait for the devs to work on it.
posted by tagawa Staff2 years and 8 months ago Link
anonymous
Every search query I've tried in the past several months.

I figure anyone can probably reproduce this with any reasonable search. However, the worst results are when I'm trying to find helpful advice for my chronic health and sensory issues.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 8 months ago Link
anonymous
Agree with Original Poster above --

Just type in "wiki duckduckgo" - first on duckduckgo - then on Google.

The wiki doesn't appear at all on duckduckgo (looks like there is a total Wiki-filter on duckduckgo - almost zero Wiki returns on any subject)

On Google - it's top, and your main website is No. 2 - just as I would expect - and Duckduckgo used be like this.

What's happened guys'n'gals ?
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 8 months ago Link
zac
Thanks--that's a specific bug we're going to fix shortly. We appreciate the heads up!
posted by zac Staff2 years and 8 months ago Link