Translations, common comments, contextual hints/steps, ...

balacobaco balacobaco
Created: 2 years and 10 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 10 months ago
I would like to know if there is a way to find the uses a string has on the site. While translating, I see and feel that some translations could get better, and with a clear guarantee, if we could promptly test it live. In other words, we should have some kind of comment to translators to help with this possible step(although not always necessary, but much useful).

These comments could be made by translators too, and potentially shared (if made in English) among all languages, for most cases I imagine now.

Is this idea new? Or is there something I don't know around here, in the translating pages?

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
Under each string you can see a field for Token Notes, that's where the token context is explained when available (must be in english only). And at the very end of each token page there's place for user comments too, where you can discuss about it (in your language).
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 10 months ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 10 months ago
balacobaco
If I need some Token Notes for a string that have none, and (probably at the same time) think that they could be useful for it, can I suggest or request it somehow?

I have used the comments a few times, and the basic idea with them, for me, is to discuss possibilities, choices, proofs/reason for some translation being good or bad, and so on. Not for context (that shold be not part of "discussions", ideally).
posted by balacobaco 2 years and 10 months ago Link
anonymous
Yes, you can ask for context here on the forum.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 9 months ago Link
preemeijer
You can indeed ask it in the General Forum but you can also add a question on the specific domain or specific token with the discussion option.

For example: https://duck.co/translate/tokenlanguage/...

You can see if there is an active Translation Manager for the language at the GitHub Translation Manager wikipage.

Kind regards, Paul
posted by preemeijer Community Leader2 years and 9 months ago Link