Getting Message about Ad Blocker

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 2 months ago • Updated: 3 years and 2 months ago
I got a message today asking me to disable ad-blocking software on DuckDuckGo. The only ad blocking software I have is AdBlockPlus 2.6.9.1 - signed. I have an exception listed for duckduckgo.com.

Is there an additional domain that should be added to the list of exceptions?

I am not getting this message on every search, but I have not been seeing the "ad" marker in front of the first 1 or 2 search results as in the past. (I don't always click on them, but I try to do so every so often. I appreciate DDG and want to support it in the most pain-free way possible. )

Other info:

MS Windows 7 Professional service pack 1 plus "important" updates.
Firefox 39.0
Kaspersky Internet Security 2015

addons for Firefox:

BetterPrivacy 1.68.1
Disconnect 3.15.3.1
FlashBlock 1.5.81.1
Self-destructing Cookies 0.4.7.1
Kaspesky Dangerous Website Blocker 4.5.1.379

Given the recent problems with Flash, I currently have that plugin set to "ask to activate" though I will probably go back to "always enable" if nothing else comes of the recent hacks.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
I'm seeing the same thing with my browser and DDG in the exclusions list. I'll forward this to the developers. Thanks!
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 2 months ago Link
brians
Working on a fix right now, thanks!
posted by brians Staff3 years and 2 months ago Link
caine
A fix is rolling out now thanks to Brian! Can you please confirm?
posted by caine Staff3 years and 2 months ago Link
x.15a2
I had to flush my browser cache, but now the message seems to have gone away and I am now seeing ads.

Thanks
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 2 months ago Link
anonymous
Everything seems to be working again in that I am now seeing the supporting ad links. Thanks. Just trying to do my part.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 2 months ago Link
anonymous
you should consider dumping microsoft - its are really garbage system. and it has built in NSA according to many legitimate and good sources. and NSA contractors "practice" on the public. They have been doing so since the DOD discovered an exploit in 2002 mozilla.

"ask to activate" is a good thing. madison ave designs of ff and msie (imo) do not always show that the flash is blocked so you have to click a blank area just to get the cue.

==============================
there is nothing "professional" about windows
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 2 months ago Link