Center Alignment OFF setting does not save

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 2 years and 5 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 5 months ago
Title says it all. Under Appearance in https://duckduckgo.com/settings, I've turned Center Alignment off, clicked Save & Exit, but it doesn't save. The DDG search page remains centered, and when I go back into Settings, Center Alignment is turned ON again. I'm using the Retro theme.

Thanks for any help.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
That's due to the Retro theme indeed. The old DDG design had the results centered.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 5 months ago Link
brians
This seems like a bug. You should be able to use a theme and then override the individual settings. It works for other settings, i.e. if you set Retro theme and then try to change the header color.
posted by brians Staff2 years and 5 months ago Link
anonymous
Thanks for the reply. Could it possibly be fixed? I like the retro theme and being able to change header color, but would prefer the alignment to the left.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 5 months ago Link
brians
Sorry it took so long, but we just deployed a fix for this. Let me know if it's working or if you still experience any issues.

You may need to go to the Settings page and flip Center Alignment to OFF again.

Thanks!
Brian
posted by brians Staff2 years and 4 months ago Link