Multiple bangs at the same time? The old sea snake of propositions :)

romainlg Translation Manager romainlg
Created: 3 years and 3 months ago
Hi,

I was wondering if I could use multiple bangs in the same request to leverage the ultimate form of DuckDuckGo's power:

"Hats !i !b !y" I typed in my address bar, with a smug look on my face. Upon pressing enter I raised a single eyebrow.

Turns out my duck searched for "hats !b !y" on Google image. My arms falling to my sides I stood there gasping.

Then I searched if it was ever discussed. Well it already was discussed... Up to 5 years ago!

---

3 years ago

5 years ago

5 years ago too

---

I can understand that the feature could be regarded as marginally helpful. But to me it's absolutely useful!

I always search for infos on multiples websites and search engines, so I retype and rebang multiple times. I sometimes even use the !bl bang to get the blinders..!

Regards,

Romain :)

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
i am new to hashbangs becuz i never used them and wasnt really sure how. oh i know you put letters and the exclam but the meaning escaped me.

SO I COPY PASTED YOUR HB & wow, quack thats cool!

i am a learn-by-do type. i actually need examples to learn. sure am glad you posted that.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 3 months ago Link
x.15a2
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 3 months ago Link