pre-scheduled, saved searches...a la google alerts: possible in duckduckgo?

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 2 years and 10 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 10 months ago
I am just learning about DDG and like the privacy advantages, but I am a researcher who relies heavily on monitoring the results of highly specific/often boolean constructed keyword searches over time. I use google alerts and devonagent to fetch the same search results daily, weekly or monthly depending upon the nature of the information domain/topic being monitored. I operate in OSX/Mac (as primary), iOS, Chrome, and Andriod platform environments. I'm also interested in workflow automation platforms such as IFTTT and Zapier if those might enable this kind of capability for DDG use. Is this possible?

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

MyUser
+1. I had to sign up for Google Alerts recently so I could monitor something. Not only did I give it something I really cared about, I linked it to my email (though fortunately one that was only for my site).

Of course that highlights one of the reasons this might not happen: DDG doesn't want to link a search to an identity and Alerts shows email addresses linked to what those people are impassioned/worried about.
posted by MyUser 2 years and 10 months ago Link
anonymous
if you are a professional, you can get such a script written which will run as often as you like, scan the results, parse them and database them. but again, professionals only.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 10 months ago Link