Email

MyUser MyUser
Created: 3 years and 2 months ago
OK, not exactly related to DuckDuckGo but...

I need a separate email. Right now, I host my own email for my projects but all of that is professional and I don't want it mixing with my personal email. So, I'm wondering if there's a good webmail out there that only requires a username and password to sign up for and that is also free. Preferably open-sourced and .org though that's not a requirement. And, of course, I'm big on privacy so... :D

Thanks,
MyUser

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2

Quote:
For more privacy-oriented mail, check out Neomailbox, RiseUp, or CounterMail. You might also like Fastmail- it's not private in the same way but you might like the company a bit more.

Also, you can check out this article from the Electronic Frontier Foundation on setting up anonymous email.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader3 years and 2 months ago Link
spacebar
Protonmail.ch is very good. But you may or may not have to wait a little bit after requesting an invitation. I didn't wait too long.
posted by spacebar 3 years and 2 months ago Link
buggleme
Why not add a separate domain to your hosting plan with it's own [or different] IP address, and/or mail server?
posted by buggleme 3 years and 2 months ago Link
MyUser
Cost mostly.
posted by MyUser 3 years and 2 months ago Link
MyUser
Thanks for the suggestions. I found a one-time solution, but I'll have to check out those others for a more permanent one.
posted by MyUser 3 years and 2 months ago Link