Could I donate to DuckDuckGo?

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 2 years and 4 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 4 months ago
Hi... I don't want T-Shirts or to refer my friends. But I would like to support via paypal.

Do you have a donate option?

Thanks!

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
Since DDG is a for-profit organization, donations are not taken. The best ways to support DDG financially are:
  1. Enable Ads in DDG's results and click on the ads if it's for a product that you are in the market for. (DDG displays a maximum of 2 ads and they are current search specific
  2. DDG is an affiliate with both Amazon and eBay. If your search result gives an Instant Answer that links to Amazon or eBay and you click on the link and purchase the item, DDG gets a small kick-back.
  3. Tell others about DDG
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader2 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
Ok I see.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
Since DuckDuckGo has a pretty serious privacy policy for their ads, I've disabled my adblocker for them.

However, I'd rather buy an overpriced tchotchke every so often. Say a DuckDuckGo button for my hat or shirt with the url or the aforementioned T-Shirt would be nice. I could also see my way clear to buying things like coffee mugs or thermal refill mugs. (44 oz or 1L please).

<Insert Picture of Homer Simpson saying 'Shut Up and Take My Money' here>
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 4 months ago Link
anothernewphone
We've had rumblings of potential coffee mugs, and other types of merch are always being considered.
posted by anothernewphone Staff2 years and 4 months ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 4 months ago