Private internet storage

nickmavrick nickmavrick
Created: 2 years and 7 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 7 months ago
since DDG doesn't have a server for internet storage, what should I use If i don't what to be tracked.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader2 years and 7 months ago Link
nickmavrick
yhea but that isn't what I need
posted by nickmavrick 2 years and 7 months ago Link
x.15a2
Could you please be specific as to what you need?
nickmavrick
I need an internet storage service.
posted by nickmavrick 2 years and 7 months ago Link
x.15a2
OK, I think of "internet storage" and "cloud storage as pretty much the same thing. My point was that DDG search is a great resource for finding the type of information you are asking about here. I could have also provided https://duckduckgo.com/?q=privacy+based+... but the results are pretty similar, pointing to cloud base storage.

(The following are my personal views and not those of DuckDuckGo) Personally, I have used a Pogoplug device (not the PP cloud based solution which seems to be all that they market now), which is located in my home and is available via a secure connection. PP no longer lists the devices on their web site but they are readily available on Amazon and eBay at very low prices. Just attached a USB storage device to, register it and you're ready to go. I've had mine for over 5 years and it still works great. There are other personal NAS devices that might better fit your needs.
waterlubber
x.15's response is good, but another alternative would be setting up your own FTP server. You need to purchase your own storage, but if you use SFTP it's impossible to track. Example.
posted by waterlubber 2 years and 7 months ago Link
anonymous
Mega.co.nz 50 Gb free private storage, encrypted (so MEGA itself doesn't know what is stored on it's servers), also, there are transparency reports for what how and why was done.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 7 months ago Link