Trouble Adding DuckDuckGo To Windows 10

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 22 days ago • Updated: 3 years and 22 days ago
Hi:

I have tried the three approaches the community suggests to add DuckDuckGo, but none work with my new Windows 10 download. I happily used it for several months in Windows 7 with a VPN connection in China, and had hoped to continue. Unfortunately, Microsoft and Yahoo seem to have it blocked.

The suggested process to add it to Microsoft Edge did not work. When I get to the point of adding, the screen will not allow me to type in an alternate address. I then tried to simply adding using the approach listed for Internet Explorer. The link in your help text did not work. I then tried to add a shortcut to the desktop. I get a shortcut, but it takes me to a search listing. When I try to select and open DuckDuckGo, either in Bing or Yahoo search, I get a message saying they can't find the site. Any suggestions, as I don't think this is an accident.

Eugene

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

nickmavrick
I hsve also been having the same problem
posted by nickmavrick 3 years and 22 days ago Link
anonymous
i am not a crook
i am not a witch
we are not spying on you....

windows 10? dump it.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 22 days ago Link
anonymous
welcome to 1984, brother.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 22 days ago Link
anonymous
try this forum
www.windowssecrets.com

They seem to know stuff
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 21 days ago Link
FrugglePants
Have you tried using a differnt Browser? if not you should I recommend using https://vivaldi.com/ let me know how it goes
posted by FrugglePants 3 years and 17 days ago Link