Show wikipedia content on the right

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 2 years and 6 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 6 months ago
When I search some topic, eg. John Galt, ddg shows all the results, including wikipedia link. It would be really great if the wikipedia summary is show on the right side, like how google and bing shows. It will help the users quickly look at the most essential information about the topic without going to the website.
Attached Files: 1
google.png - Full

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

Thanks for your suggestion! It's very appreciated!

I hope you can you clarify something for me?

Do you mean to we should show Wikipedia summaries in search results?
We actually already do that, e.g. try a search for John Galt, as you suggested above.
In the case of the John Galt-search, Wikipedia also has articles about others things named John Galt, as shown in the Meanings tab, i.e. John Galt-meanings.
DDG show the meanings tab to make sure we show you the right Wikipedia article.

Or do you mean to move the suggestions to the right side of the page?
That might be possible, but I'll have to ask the developers?

Please do let me know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Casper Qvortrup
posted by ScreapDK Community Leader2 years and 6 months ago Link
I would not like it to be in the right side of the page. If developers decide to do this, I would like to have it as an option (which I won't mind the default value if all of them can be set with a simple GET request).
posted by balacobaco 2 years and 6 months ago Link
Thanks for your reply and sorry if the issue is not clear.
Actually, I am asking about showing wikipedia summary of the given query. If you search John Glat in google, it shows the wikipedia summary on the right, along with other matching john galt.
If ddg shows like that, it would be really great.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 6 months ago Link
DDG already has that feature ( ), but sometimes fails to show it, like in the case of John Glat.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 6 months ago Link