Dukgo.com XMPP server down ?

ParigotManchot ParigotManchot
Created: 2 years and 10 months ago
Hello.

Can't connect with Pidgin and my ID from @dukgo.com !
Windows 7 and Ubuntu.

Any problem ?

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
Same here.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 10 months ago Link
x.15a2
I'm in. It's seems a bit sluggish, but appears to be up.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader2 years and 10 months ago Link
anonymous
It has been extremely difficult to get Pidgin to log into DDG's XMPP server in the 36 hours or so though it appears to be back to normal a couple of hours ago and has been stable since. What seems to be the problem is the log in system on DDG because I wanted to post to this thread and could not log in either and I believe that might have been a DDG system wide problem.

I'm curious if anyone who is using Pidgin for Windows on DDG XMPP noticed that as of perhaps a month or so ago, it became impossible to leave off line messages for other DDG XMPP chat users. I noticed that other such users I chat with regularly are not receiving any off line messages I have left for them when they are offline. Anyone else noticed this problem?
anonymous
Since friday doesn't work. Please fix!
anonymous
Also having serious connectivity problems here using Pidgin and Evolve and trouble logging into the site too lately. It connected in Pidgin about 10 minutes ago for about 15 minutes then died again and can't reconnect.
anonymous
I (and a few others) are still having troubles to log in. This problem does not seem to be fixed so far.
anonymous
It is not working for me either, and for my friends.
anonymous
I was unable to use dukgo xmpp for the entire weekend.
When it will be fixed?
I hope that by Monday night it will be all resolved.
anonymous
Today Sunday 2015.09.20, DDG XMPP is not connecting again. If it does it only works for a short period of time. On my Pidgin for Windows, I don't save the XMPP password and the DDG XMPP server never even gets to asking me the password and I have to wait several minutes for the password to be asked by Pidgin, so it's an issue with the log in system being extremely slow. After I entered the password on Pidgin, it may still not connect at all.

I also had problems logging into this web site here to post to the forum as well but now finally got in. These technical problems are serious and needs to be rectified ASAP. I wonder if it's a routing issue to DDG's servers.
anonymous
A lot of disconnections today since a few hours. I'm only able to connect for a few minutes and after a long time trying to log in.
browndawg
Down for three days straight. I'm extremely put off by their response. Same thing happened last time as well - official response came after days of. They've been up for 3.5 hours as of right now, but I'm beginning to question my decision to use dukgo as my main chat server, when OTR over something like Facebook / Gtalk / IRC would work just as well.
posted by browndawg 2 years and 10 months ago Link
x.15a2
The team at DDG has been investigating xmpp all weekend and it's a top priority for the ops team right now. I haven't had connections issues since Monday AM (EST), can anyone confirm?
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader2 years and 10 months ago Link
ParigotManchot
I confirm it works for now...
posted by ParigotManchot 2 years and 10 months ago Link
anonymous
It works OK for me too.
espiondisc
I have the same problem
posted by espiondisc 2 years and 10 months ago Link
anonymous
Although DDG XMPP appeared to be stable for the last day or so, for a short period around 14;00 PST today Tuesday, 2015.09.22, my Pidgin for Windows went off line from the DDG XMPP server connection and any attempt to reconnect caused Pidgin to prompt me for my password (which I don't save in Pidgin). But there was a serious problem with the DDG log in system as it rejected my password even though it was definitely entered correctly.

An attempt to log into this web site post on the forum resulted in the same problem - I could not log in and the log in system kept saying my password was incorrect. However, it seems the log in system is now working and I have Pidgin reconnected to DDG XMPP and am also able to log in here to the DDG web site.

Seems that things are still unstable.
anonymous
Guys, situation is terrible. The obvious problem with the connection to the XMPP-server, problems with s2s connections, just as sure that some messages are lost. This situation has been going on for about a week. I don't see any official messages from the DDG team about what is happening, what is being done.
anonymous
My Pidgin using dukgo.com XMPP went offline and says my account is "not authorized" since yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon. Still happening this morning (Wednesday). Re-enabling doesn't help; still says I'm not authorized and disabled. My friend who also uses xmpp server is having this problem also.
anonymous
For today Tuesday, 2015.09.23, around 7 AM PST I attempted to connect with Windows Pidgin and DDG XMPP did not ask for my password, which again means the DDG log in system was unresponsive. Sure enough, coming to this web site and attempting to log in and post about this problem in this thread, resulted also in the inability to log in. It seems that the log-in system is one of the primary problems. After entering my user ID and password on the site here, followed by a long wait, the DDG web site displayed a HTTP 405 error, indicating the service was not allowed, or something to that effect. Essentially, a log in failure. At the moment DDG XMPP is stable but who knows how long it will last.

Also, for over the last month or two now, I have been unable to leave off line messages for other DDG XMPP users. All off line messages left for them were lost and not received when the other party comes on line. This is another issue that the technical team needs to investigate what the cause is and I believe the problem continues to exist. I had to use other chat services just to leave off line messages to other users.

DDG XMPP and web site log in remains very unstable.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 9 months ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 9 months ago
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 9 months ago
anonymous
Hi all!

Had the same problems with not beeing able to log in, like a lot of other people!
I'm not sure if it is "really" related, but after logging in into the website at duck.co for the first time today, I was right away able to also login via jabber (in my case pidgin for linux)...
anonymous
I noticed yesterday and today (2015.09.30) both mornings Pacific time, the XMPP log in server was unresponsive or very slow. In both cases, I also had log in problems on the DDG site here. The issue is the same. It took nearly 30 to 60 seconds for the DDG XMPP log in to prompt Windows Pidgin for me to enter the password, so it's very sluggish still occasionally. Yesterday was worse than today and when I attempted unsuccessfully to log in on the DDG site here, I eventually got a HTTP 405 error.
anonymous
Hi, server again down from yesterday. Whats happening?
Trackzreloaded
My id trackz has the same issue past a week
when i try to login my xmpp it says wrong password
same here on this website i created this new id to report about it
but no replies from feedback team where i have mailed or reported as well
i dont know wether my prayers will be heard or no feels helpless
specially as i lost my entire contact list,
posted by Trackzreloaded 2 years and 9 months ago Link