Advanced search please

Dodiad Dodiad
Created: 2 years and 5 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 5 months ago
I’ve been using DuckDuckGo as my standard search engine for a couple of years now, but have just joined the discussion forum for the first time for the express purpose of posting this request. I see this topic has been suggested before, but let me just add my plea for an advanced search page similar to Google’s. Yes, I know there is a search syntax I can use to sharpen my search terms, but it is clumsy and not user-friendly. I find myself still resorting to Google when I want to do a more focused search such as restricting to a specific domain or date range.

The DuckDuckGo platform is sufficiently mature by now that it is high time to add a more sophisticated advanced search facility. This is an essential feature for a truly useful search engine. **Please** make it a high priority to add one, with a convenient link for reaching it from the main splash page.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.