do i have to pay to get back

Trackzreloaded Trackzreloaded
Created: 2 years and 1 month ago • Updated: 2 years and 1 month ago
Hello I have contacted the help section as well as
Post previously about my account "trackz" it's not logging in here as well as my jabber.
It's important my important contacts in there
And I am. Not been able to get my account back.
Do I have time pay to get my account back or some thing because this posting isn't helping me out in any way . No replies or mails .
Please do some thing about it.
Please contact me asap in any circumstances

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

duckduckian
I believe you don't have to pay.
posted by duckduckian 2 years and 1 month ago Link
duckduckian
Did you go to duckduckgo.com/feedback , To report the problem ?
posted by duckduckian 2 years and 1 month ago Link
Trackzreloaded
i did reported the problem but no news from them.
i lost my contact my bussiness contact as i lost my phone and number as well.
am very disturbed here.
posted by Trackzreloaded 2 years and 1 month ago Link
zac
Are you referring to a lost/forgotten password?

If no email was linked to your account, then you cannot request a password reset. Additionally, there's no way for us to verify that you're the account owner without the ability for you to send us an email from the email linked (since no email is linked).

Unfortunately, there's no other way around it. We're revisiting the duck.co platform, user accounts, and default privacy structure in the near future. This, "feature" will be on the list of things considered as it does cause considerable pain in these circumstances.
posted by zac Staff2 years and 1 month ago Link
Trackzreloaded
hello sir i am not telling you to give me the password of that account.
i am just telling u the account is inaccessible. now i havent changed the password for it.
at first there was connectivity problem for few days and then after few days its wrong password or account
i have my real password for it, i can give youy my real password for that account
and yes i again i am telling you i am not asking the lost forgotten.. but the account in accesible all of sudden. i can understand if there is no email attached then cant get it back
but i have not changed the password at all. it was from your system it shows this error.
please go and check the system u might see that there is no password change in it..
becasue i have not changed the password at all been using the same password since
i created my id.
i hope u will understand what i am telling you, please see in to this. i am sure this system or server error. i am liiking forward to your reply.
Trackzreloaded
and yes u mentioned no email attached thats proibably i didnt use my email while registering may be.
but why my real password says wrong when i didnt change my password at all.
i am sure if you see my account trackz details the password i have not changed it. and my country of login is united arab emirates. please do reply on this,
zac
how are you signing in? Via xmpp or the platform?
Trackzreloaded
i am signing in through xmpp as well as here but it says wrong password. this is why i am worried. because my xmpp was online and all of sudden it started saying wrong password without changing it.
Trackzreloaded
i am signing in through xmpp as well as here but it says wrong password. this is why i am worried. because my xmpp was online and all of sudden it started saying wrong password without changing it.

please see in to my issues. its important otherwise i wouldnt have bothered so much
Trackzreloaded
zac i am waiting for you please reply.
Trackzreloaded
hi zac please reply i left u details more for it. please
understand my situation.

The password all of sudden said wrong while it was still working
initially i had thouht its server error bcos i could read there was some technical problem going on before.

please help me please i dont intend to give me new password
just let my account actiavte as i had not changed my password.
u can cross chech my password with me if u want.
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 1 month ago
zac
There is nothing we can do if you haven't linked an email address. Please do not spam the forums with these requests as your new account will be flagged for spam.
Trackzreloaded
i didnt change my password it was from your system side.
what was my mistake in it.
i dont want new password... i am just asking to let my default password which is mine let it work.
you can cross check my password i can tell you my password if u wanna cross check it with the system.
if u really want to help me in a way u can ask me the password and i cann tell u.
also i can tell u my location of geography so u can even check the connection from where i used to connect it.
i am giving u every possible way.
i didnt change the password,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, this is what i m telling u past so many days it was showing all of sudden
i trusted in dukgo services n thats the only reason i started using this service.
why do i have to face the probledm when problem occured due to ur server and not from mine?
how does this be fair????
i didnbt register email probable may be because i had register xmpp from cleint but that wasnt my mistake.
please for god sake listen to what i am saying then warnning me for spam.
the problem is from server i got
buckeye
Quote:
There is nothing we can do if you haven't linked an email address.
that's your answer so stop because no one can help you

if their server changed the password it would have done the some for other users and no one else is reporting this issue

without a linked email address they cant help you no matter how many posts you leave here - its over

if you trusted your contacts to a single service and did not create a backup it is your fault - if data is important it must be backed up

in any case you need to stop posting here about it
posted by buckeye 2 years and 1 month ago Link
MyUser
Hi there,

Just to be clear, I'm not affiliated with DDG or the community leaders here. However, I'd just like to quickly parse what Zac has said (though if I'm incorrect, please correct me):

I'm guessing there is no way for DDG staff to track password changes nor find out what the current password is. Having created login and user systems myself before, I know how secure systems like this are often impenetrable even for the admins. The passwords are likely to be hashed so they cannot be retrieved and a password change just changes the password with out recording previous versions (or their hashes) and without recording that there was a change.

The other thing to note is that DuckDuckGo and likely duck.co as well do not track you. That means that the duck.co team will probably not be able to go back into the logs to check if a password was changed as those logs do not exist.

I understand what you're going through as I've gone through it myself. However, please be careful about repeatedly posting here as it will be labelled as spam.

Do you have any private information in your previous account? Other than the inconvenience of using a new account and copying your data into it, is there anything preventing you from just switching? Have you seen any activity from your previous account that you have not initiated other than the password change? Finally, do you believe your old password to be sufficiently complicated (eg. longer than ten characters, containing a combination of letters, numbers or punctuation)? Please, do not give me your password.

I will be unavailable to talk to for anywhere from twelve hours to two days so please don't make multiple replies during my absence (I'm sort of drifting between chatting on the duck.co forums and not).

Hope you get your account back,
Sincerely,
MyUser
posted by MyUser 2 years and 1 month ago Link
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 27 days ago
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 1 month ago