Edward Snowden poll: Hero or Traitor? (OT Thread)

[Old Forum guest] anonymous
Created: 4 years and 8 months ago
I vote hero

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
I vote hero as well.
At least for ddg he is a hero ;)
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 9 months ago Link
anonymous
Hero.... It took real balls to do it. Been in many arguments about it.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 9 months ago Link
sopu
You're posting this in a DDG forum. The response is going to overwhelmingly be "Hero".
posted by sopu 3 years and 9 months ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 9 months ago
Jlg
Hero.
[My personal opinion only].
posted by Jlg Community Leader3 years and 9 months ago Link
MyUser
Hmmm.

I personally believe he's a hero. I do agree that breaking his promise to not reveal secrets was not nice, but I believe this to be a small evil, especially compared to what the secrets were.

It made a difference too (just look at DDG's traffic after the leaks), but I'm worried how quickly the general public forgot about it. The US has done pretty much nothing to stop this warrant-less data collection (most likely they've given the NSA more powers and made sure such a leak could never happen again).

I'm from Canada, which means that I'm not protected by any of the US's "don't spy on your own citizens" laws. Not that they obeyed them anyway.

I'm also not that happy that Canada, as one of the Five Eyes was spying on me as well. Of course what my government did is not so impressive (Brazilian mining, really???).

Cheers,
MyUser
posted by MyUser 3 years and 9 months ago Link
anonymous
Traitor
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 8 months ago Link
DEADTOAST
Both. But being a hero weighs more, much more.
posted by DEADTOAST 3 years and 8 months ago Link
youngrapper
This guy is just awesome, without him we will know nothing what NSA do.. Hero with big H. God bless him ☺️
posted by youngrapper 3 years and 8 months ago Link