Need google results without !g

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 2 years and 5 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 5 months ago
How is it possible to have google results without typing all the time !g.
Its really inconvenient cause I use also greek and I forget to type !g or I forget to switch the language

The solution I am looking for is a setting that gives me results from a search engine I choose (e.g. google) THROUGH duckduckgo (to keep my anonymity). And for this to be applicable in the url field of the browser. Actually I need "!g" to be already chosen

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
Non-IA post moved to General Ramblings
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader2 years and 5 months ago Link
buckeye
i cannot imagine it being easier than using the !g bang and beyond that why should ddg be inclined to tell you how to use their search engine so that you can use another search engine

i think that you should be using ixquick or something
posted by buckeye 2 years and 5 months ago Link
myastro300
I think you can have very good results while remaining natural.
posted by myastro300 2 years and 5 months ago Link
balacobaco
When you use any search engine that you don't agree with its practices, in any possible way you can use it, you are practically saying to other search engines that the bad practices of the engine you choose are actually good - since you chose it! Further, you get no anonymity by using DDG's bangs, within the other pages. If you simply go to google from the start, your anonymity stays at the exact same level when you go to DDG and use a "!g". In fact, your anonymity can be a bit worse, depending on the browser you choose to use...

Search engines are things that get better with all increments of use and users it has. Some search engines are eventually better (for specific searches) because more users used it (also, for specific searches). The other engines may take a bit more time to achieve those results.

So, if you like Duckduckgo's philosophy, use the best that Duckduckgo (itself!) has to offer. The results are often great, and manytimes even better than other search engines'. Eventually I compare them, for difficult searches. Duckduckgo, Yandex. Bing, Yahoo, Gigablast, Google... there are many! Your world is as big as mine - if you want. :)
posted by balacobaco 2 years and 5 months ago Link
MyUser
When you !bang your search to Google (or to any other search engine) through DuckDuckGo, you're privacy and anonymity is not protected. DuckDuckGo simply redirects your search to the search engine you requested.

If you want to search Google anonymously I would suggest trying out startpage.com.

Cheers,
MyUser
posted by MyUser 2 years and 5 months ago Link
anonymous
Thanks for the tips guys, pity the anonymity don't stick. The issue is mostly with Greek results and looking for up-to-date articles, but maybe its a matter of habit.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 5 months ago Link
nickmavrick
just use startpage.
posted by nickmavrick 2 years and 5 months ago Link