Customising DuckDuckgo

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 2 years and 10 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 10 months ago
I like to customise my DuckDuckgo engine, but am frustrated by losing my custom settings each time I close my browser.
Have tried saving to cloud, but cannot see a way to instantly recover and use my settings the next time I open the browser.
Am I missing something? Is there a single click method I just cannot see for looking?

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
By default settings are stored in non-personal browser cookies (in your browser). If you are losing these settings, your browser (or one of it's add-ons) is probably configured to delete cookies on exit. You can exclude the DDG cookie from deletion to keep your settings.
You can use Anonymous Cloud Save to store your settings in a more permanent way (on a remote server in the cloud). No personally identifiable information will be stored in the cloud, and your pass phrase will never leave your browser.

You can also use a bookmarklet URL, for example:
https://duckduckgo.com/?k7=d0cdcd
In Advances Settings, select your preferred settings then click on Show Bookmarklet and Settings Data then copy the URL provided.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader2 years and 10 months ago Link
spacebar
I personalized DDG how I wanted it, then copied the bookmarkelet url and saved it on an offline html page I made for myself with a bunch of my favorite links.

This is what it looked like before I added links:
http://www.searchsites.ms11.net/images/c...
posted by spacebar 2 years and 10 months ago Link
x.15a2
That's a great idea (and a lot of links!). Creating a local HTML file for this purpose is a great idea, thanks for sharing!
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader2 years and 10 months ago Link