Give to users the ability to refine the result by filter them like G**gle.

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 3 years and 10 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 1 month ago
I miss these features. If i can filter the results by a span of dates or restrict the results only for those of the last month (i.e.) this could help a lot in many cases.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

zac
This couldn't work as an instant answer but definitely could as syntax. We already have some of that available but it's heavily source dependent. We hope to have more refinement in the future!
posted by zac Staff3 years and 10 months ago Link
anonymous
I just want to bump this request, because I agree with the statements above. I keep going back to Lord G whenever I need to sort/filter my results by date, so it would be great to do this within DuckDuckGo!
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
It would be very useful implmentar this application, it is important to have on hand the latest information, thank you for your attention.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 5 months ago Link
anonymous
Yes, about half my searches need filtering BY DATE since stale results are irrelevant and/or misleading for those searches. As the comment above says, this is my most frequent reason for switching to Google. I'd rather do those searches on DuckDuckGo.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 8 months ago Link
anonymous
I switched to ddg over a year ago, and the most common reason for typing !g is to use g**g!e date sort. it's very useful to say, return only last month of results, or only results from today.
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 7 months ago Link
anonymous
This is EXACTLY what keeps me going back to Google. It would be great if DuckDuckGo implemented one that was customizable, so you could search during a particular time period. This is one of the best features on Google. PLEASE IMPLEMENT !!!!
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 10 months ago Link