Supporting DuckDuckGo by allowing ads

[Old Forum guest] anonymous
Created: 5 years and 7 months ago
Hi there,
I've just noticed that you put a little message on the side asking adblock users to make an exception for DDG. I'm fine with it. But since I never click ads anyway, does it still count as support? Do you benefit from just displaying ads?

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

caine
yup -- and thanks!
posted by caine Staff5 years and 7 months ago Link
anonymous
I got your message about disabling adblocking for duckduckgo.com.  I tried to read the url link from your message ("make an exception") but it did not work.  Something is wrong with dukgo.com.  So I manually disabled adblock for duckduckgo.com, but I still get the message anyway -- that being the one shown below:
We respect your use of adblock. Some of us use it too. Will you please make an exception for us?

posted by [Old Forum guest] • 5 years and 7 months ago Link
zac
Thanks! Which browser are you seeing this on?

-Zac

DuckDuckGo
posted by zac Staff5 years and 6 months ago Link
anonymous
I made an exception for duckduckgo.com, but the message still showing. I'm using the Adblock from Debian Wheezy repositories with Iceweasel.
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 5 years and 5 months ago Link
zac
This should've been cleared up. Can you please try clearing your cache and letting me know if it still happens? Also, does it still show the ad when it displays the message?

-Zac

DuckDuckGo

**Check out the upcoming forum at: https://dukgo.com/forum
posted by zac Staff5 years and 5 months ago Link