Searching for product reviews, not resellers

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 2 years and 6 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 6 months ago
I often want to search for reviews of products before buying them. When I'm at that stage, I've often already found a local retailer for the product, but I want to have a third party opinion on it. Most often, I'll then search for "<product name> review" - and then at least half of the results are retailers, not actual editorial reviews.

If searches for product reviews could actually filter out non-reviews, that would be a huge help.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

duckduckian
Well that's actually really hard but it's an awsome idea! You could use bangs to search through product comparison sites like skroutz and pricegrabber .Here are some more bangs for price comparison sites https://duckduckgo.com/bang?q=price
posted by duckduckian 2 years and 6 months ago Link
x.15a2
One thing that makes this difficult is that many retail web sites include their own product review sections, generally so customers can leave product reviews. As a result, you are likely to receive hits for these web sites because they match the criteria of both the product and the "review" search term.

Of course, you are welcomed and encouraged to use the Send Feedback button, which sends a direct report to the devs, should you get search results that clearly don't match your search criteria.

Thanks!
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader2 years and 6 months ago Link