Make sharing easier

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 2 years and 8 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 8 months ago
I happened to stumble across DuckDuckGo today. I've been a devout Google user for years...but over time they're violating their own ethical code of "Don't be evil". I didn't know where else to go for search that would provide good results and not be evil, until I found you DDG. <3

So I want to share you with the world, but when I visit your page to [Help Spread The Word](https://duckduckgo.com/spread) there are two categories with something missing which could make it a "no-brainer" for people to quickly share:

QUICK-SHARE-LINKS:
Provide people who land on that page with DDG-official, pre-configured, sharing links to Help Spread the Word & Use DDG. The sharing links should be configured for:
- All the major social platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc...
- All the major ESPs for email sharing (either copy/paste email content, or provide a "enter email addresses" feature and then send on their behalf
- All the major SMS providers: so people can one-click share to their friends via SMS

SUPPORT SNIPPETS:
Provide people the ability to easily wear their DDG support like a badge of honor by giving them snippets for:
- Web content Snippets in the form of pre-configured HTML w/optional JS to add source points to accounts, and pre-configured styles for the major grid/control libs available such as Bootstrap, etc...
- Email Signature Snippets and quick links/instructions to major ESP providers update signature feature
- SMS Signature Snippets and quick links/instructions to major SMS Carrier provider's update signature feature

These are just suggestions, because I would have used them all today...but now I have work to do that is more pressing than going out and doing all this without thinking about it (which is the goal of this feature request). :)

Have a great day, Happy New Year, and know you have a fan. :D

Benjamin Dean

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

duckduckian
I like the idea with the quick-share-links!
posted by duckduckian 2 years and 8 months ago Link