Disable Instant Answers FOR IMAGES AND VIDEOS ONLY ?

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 2 years and 8 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 8 months ago
I find the Instant Answers feature VERY USEFUL for things such as Answers, Meanings and Definitions, which is why I opt to keep the feature enabled in DuckDuckGo.

HOWEVER, I find the same feature VERY ANNOYING when it automatically loads Images and Videos for certain searches.

Is it at all possible to disable Instant Answers for specific types of answers only, such as Images and Videos, while keeping it enabled for everything else ?

If not, then here is my suggestion to implement such options. Being able to do it via DuckDuckGo URL parameters (something like "kia=...") would be ideal.

Thank you! :)

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

balacobaco
I use the HTML only (no Javascript) version of Duckduckgo. I prefer that kind of page results because it's faster, much much lighter than DDG normal page.

https://duckduckgo.com/html/

I have also used this URL to make my browsers' setting to use Duckduckgo the way I prefer it. It's perfect for me! :)

And you might be interested in knowing that I don't remember seeing any instant answers with images or videos in it.

I would also like, very much, that all options would be accessible through URL parameters. But, in case they deny that or it takes time, you have a last resort alternative, I think.
posted by balacobaco 2 years and 8 months ago Link
balacobaco
In fact, the URL I use in my browser, if any one cares about it, is:

https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=%s

where "%s" will be whatever I type. This URL will be a GET request - not a POST request, that happens when we type in the Duckduckgo input, in the search page. I prefer GET because it is easierly kept in my browsers' history. :)
anothernewphone
Whoa, that HTML page is severely outdated! Time for an update!
posted by anothernewphone Staff2 years and 8 months ago Link
balacobaco
Outdated!? I don't think, so. Why do you say that?

I would like the HTML page to have some possibilities that the team have made only for JS-enabled, and unnecessarily. But that's all, or so I guessed...

If you want to update it, but keep it working with all it needs now, it would be great!
anothernewphone
I was referring to the logo - it's pretty old and our new one is simpler :)
posted by anothernewphone Staff2 years and 7 months ago Link