Maybe it is a bug (duplicate search results, same URL more than once)

balacobaco balacobaco
Created: 2 years and 11 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 11 months ago
It is not the first time this have happened to me. Eventually it happens for several searches (does not seem related to some search or kinds of).
Attached Files: 1
duplicate-urls.png - Full

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
Strange, never happened to me. Maybe it's a bug of the html version?
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 11 months ago Link
balacobaco
I have no clue, but I think this kind of bug should not be possible for only the HTML version. And it happens eventually with my searches. Most things that I search are in Portuguese, my mother language. The potential results should be smaller than English language results, in general; maybe that could be related... but it is just a guess. Well... lets wait and maybe some staff will say anything.
posted by balacobaco 2 years and 10 months ago Link
balacobaco
With the exact search of:

+tworld linux chips 1.3.0-5

I could repeat the result now. In fact, scroll a bit more down in the results page I saw a third occurrence of that duplicate one. If I can repeat the test with this search, I guess other users can do it too. Please do so. A direct link for the HTML version of the search is:

https://duckduckgo.com/html/?q=%2Btworld...

Choose any or all or twice on ten times... the more, the best. :)
anonymous
The same search doesn't duplicate results in the normal DDG version, so yeah it's a html-version bug. :\
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 10 months ago Link
balacobaco
Thank you for confirming it! :)
anothernewphone
Thanks for reporting this, we're looking into the issue!
posted by anothernewphone Staff2 years and 10 months ago Link