Remove a site from the results?

[Old Forum guest] anonymous
Created: 4 years and 4 months ago
I'd like to never get any results in the responses to my search from about.com.

Is there a way to "blacklist" about.com so that I never see them when searching via DDG ?

Thanks

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
bump
I need this info too and no one is answering...
posted by <hidden> • 3 years and 11 months ago Link
crazedpsyc
This is a tricky answer. You can ... in a way. Probably the easiest method to do this is include a "sites=" parameter in the search engine as defined in your browser. The complexity there depends on your browser. If you want to take a shot yourself, it would look something like: https://duckduckgo.com/?q={PLACEHOLDER}&sites=-test.com,-speakeasy.net

As mentioned, the placeholder and where this whole thing goes depend entirely on the browser.

Anyway, as to a more sane solution--integrating this into the settings is a planned feature, but there is no ETA at this point.
posted by crazedpsyc 3 years and 11 months ago Link
Cymrodor
This is a feature I would also like to see and utilise. As it happens, the person above has given the same example of website as I was going to give. However, I feel there are an increasing number of sites I just wish were not in my search results. Good to know there are plans. Ten months later, I wonder if we're any closer?
posted by Cymrodor 3 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
I know this is old but I need this too. I HATE about.com amd it always appears at the top of the search list.
John
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 10 months ago Link
anonymous
It would be nice if any site can be removed from search results by users will.

[https://s23.postimg.org/4i226r1qj/remove_site_from_results.png]

this info can also be used improving search results.

--

for example, not include any social media site checkbox is also a huge improvement in search results.
posted by <hidden> • 10 months and 21 days ago Link