Immediate suggestions for DDG

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 2 years and 8 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 8 months ago
Hi, to anyone who may work at DDG and could have the opportunity to file this request:

I love DDG so far, and I love the idea of it and of a safe and private web search engine. However, I can't fully use it and switch to it for the following reasons...

- I use Bing a lot, and DDG is based off Bing, but can't fully replace it due to not being able to look at adult material(nudity) picutres/videos. I use Google and Bing, and putting this in would replace the feature in Bing and also take in more users. I don't see why not. Even when I turn off Safe Search, it still filters nudity in images.
- It uses more of the same image sizes in the image search. If it's going to be powered by Bing, it would be great to have it work just like Bing.
- An extra: I would love a "heart" icon or like button to favorite pictures and such.

If these changes were put in, I would definitely make DDG my default search engine, and it would fully replace Bing completely, and I wouldn't need to use Google much anyway.

Would it be possible to get some sort of acknowledgment on my suggestions and ideas?

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 8 months ago