Please help me to get ungoogleized

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 2 years and 9 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 9 months ago
I would like to give Duckduckgo a serious try.
I have been using google for many years and I have in my browser a bookmark that links me to "Google Advanced Search"
I would like to have an equivalent bookmark for (lets call it) "Duckduckgo Advanced Search"
I have browsed looking for something like that here but haven't found it.
What do you consider is Duckduckgo's most similar URL to the Google URL I've been using up to now?

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

anonymous
While I was waiting for a reply I discovered that to a similar question, crazedpsyc answered saying
Code:
  we do have an advanced search syntax much like that of other search engines: [url href=http://help.duckduckgo.com/customer/portal/articles/300304-syntax]http://help.duckduckgo.com/customer/portal/articles/300304-syntax[/url]

I have also discovered that at least 4 months and 17 days ago Dodiad who was aware of the existence of the advanced search syntax pleaded for something better.
This proves that my request has some merit and if it remains unanswered I would like to help the reader by pointing out that the abovementioned advanced search syntax rules can be found here

LP6022

PS: It would also be nice to see a "Preview" button next to the "Submit" button in this forum
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 9 months ago Link
MyUser
I agree, advanced search would be cool. This also goes into the second most asked for thing on this forum which is for DDG to add search by date.

Unfortunately because DDG aggregates search results from various crawlers, including it's own DuckBot, it's difficult for them to build an advanced search feature when many of the pieces of data they need are not accessible (this is a guess based on my experience in programming).

Does the advanced search syntax fulfill what you need and the only inconvenience is having to type it out? If you want, I could pull together a solution to create search syntax queries using buttons instead of typing.

Cheers,
MyUser
posted by MyUser 2 years and 9 months ago Link