I'm feeling ducky and filter by region

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 2 years and 7 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 7 months ago
Hi! First of all, I wanted to thank the DDG team for making the best search engine out there. I always try to duck all the people I can to save them from the tyranny of Google.

There's one thing I'm missing to completely adjust it to my needs: if I input
Code:
\ string
Code:
\string
Code:
string !
in my address bar in Firefox, after I set DDG up as my default engine, I'll use I'm feeling ducky. If I left "Filter by region" on during my last DDG research, I'm feeling ducky will redirect me to the first website to appear in a regionalized search of the string I entered. Otherwise, if I left it off, the first result in a general search will be chosen.

I wanted to know if there's a shortcut for using I'm feeling ducky on any region filter you want, wether or not you have chosen one on your last DDG search.

I'm aware typing
Code:
r:region string
will search string with region filter, but I have two problems:

1. I'm not able to search with my region filter (Italy). Typing
Code:
r:it string
or
Code:
r:it-it string
(as seen here) does not work for me

2. I tried inputing
Code:
r:region \string
Code:
\r:region string
but all both do is use I'm feeling ducky with no region filter change

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

brians
Thank you for posting this, there was in fact a bug with our region/query syntax that we just fixed and released. If you want to try again I think your examples above should work now.
posted by brians Staff2 years and 7 months ago Link