If you want this search engine to really take off, you need to change the name.

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 2 years and 4 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 4 months ago
Great search engine. Great idea. Terrible name and logo. Looks like something from a nursery rhyme, which is fine if you are marketing to elementary school kids. I assume the goal is to be mainstream? To challenge Google? Then you need a real name and a real logo. There's a product ID company in Palo Alto if you need help with this.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

buckeye
using the search forums and comments feature you will see that this topic has already been discussed a few times

ddg has already taken off and there are a bunch of us that enjoy both the name and the logo so it doesn't seem that they need help with it
[http://snag.gy/6ysb1.jpg]

it seems funny to me that "google" - a misspelling of "googol" which is a word that a 9 year old made up - is acceptable (to you) but duckduckgo is found to be childish. for that matter... bing? yahoo? dogpile?

i think that the folks at the product id company in palo alto already understand that a unique name and logo help people to remember the name of the service
posted by buckeye 2 years and 4 months ago Link