DDG mentioned in The Guardian

[Old Forum azahartech] anonymous
Created: 4 years and 10 months ago
The Guardian website (British national newspaper) ran an article yesterday about how to move away from Google due to their tax-avoidance tactics in the UK. Their first recommendation for alternatives to Google Search was DDG!

They say....

"What are the alternatives? Once you start trying them, my experience is that search is actually more of a commodity than you might think.

DuckDuckGo.com offers (in my experience) search results that are just as good as Google's, and often less full of spam. I've personally used it as my principal search engine for more than a year, initially as an experiment and then simply because it was effective. It's ethical - it's too small a company yet to have gone for any tax avoidance methods that I'm aware of - and doesn't try to track you online."

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

Interesting that Bing comes after DDG, great job DDGers.
posted by dashesy 4 years and 10 months ago Link
Much appreciated! 

posted by zac Staff4 years and 10 months ago Link
Maybe a tag to traffic page's recent surge ?

posted by dashesy 4 years and 10 months ago Link