DDG Search History

[Old Forum eric.leebow] anonymous
Created: 7 years and 3 months ago
This is one thing I like about DDG, and it's one thing I don't like about it. No search history.  Sure, you can say use Google for search history, but you don't even have that feature where you can connect your DDG to Google Search History.  I searched for something the other day, cannot remember what it was, yet remember the exact time I searched for it.

Has this ever happened to you?  You were eating lunch at 1 PM, and you know the time you were searching for something, yet cannot remember exactly what it was?

Can we turn back time?  Yes, with Google, not with DDG!

When will this feature be ready?

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

When will this feature be ready?
Most likely never.

The main thing about DDG is that is does not store anything server side for privacy reason, including search history.

But I'm sure you already know that...

posted by [Old Forum eet-fuk] • 7 years and 3 months ago Link
Privacy is one of the major selling points, but different people might be using it for different reasons. Some of them might not be worried about privacy at all, and they might be using ddg for the 0-click or some other feature they find useful.

posted by [Old Forum dhruvbird] • 7 years and 3 months ago Link
easy: create a new directory in your bookmarks & bookmark each search query you make and magicka you now have your very own search history function.
posted by [Old Forum kenneth.h] • 7 years and 3 months ago Link
I suppose it is possible if and when we have accounts, but I have no idea when that might be.
posted by yegg Staff7 years and 3 months ago Link
I read that DDG stores no record of web searches, however, on my iPhone, there is a list of my search history and I have found no way to delete it.  Any suggestions?  Thank you 
posted by [Old Forum guest] • 4 years and 9 months ago Link
DDG isn't storing your searches on it's servers. The search history that you are seeing on your iPhone are stored by the iPhone in the app's cache. Check your app's settings to see if the cache can be cleared and\or disabled.

posted by x.15a2 Community Leader4 years and 9 months ago Link