Slow load on Safari d.js and t.js

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 2 years and 4 months ago • Updated: 2 years and 4 months ago
It takse a long time (about 9 seconds) for duck to show search result. I took a screenshot form the site load times.
Did somebody have this? fixed this?
Thanks
Attached Files: 1
Screen Shot 2016-07-20 at 16.13.20.png - Full

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
Sorry, unable to replicate using Safari 9.1 on OS X El Capitan (see screenshot). May be a local ISP issue, browser issue, etc.

[https://i.snag.gy/jRwMSP.jpg]
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader2 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
I did delete my safari history form prev years, and "cleared all website data". which strangle seemed to help .. altho as a developer i can't imagine why... but i had this slow load for months now.. i will keep an Eye on it.. thanks for the reply.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 4 months ago Link
anonymous
I have the same issue. Also about 9 seconds.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 1 month ago Link
anonymous
My timeline

[https://www.dropbox.com/s/eis9jxk8j81gvnf/Screenshot%202016-11-16%2003.22.58.png?dl=1]
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 1 month ago Link
x.15a2
Do you get the same results from a Private Tab or after emptying the browser cache?
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader2 years and 29 days ago Link
anonymous
I tested and I noticed that private tab was fast.

Emptying cache (develop menu->empty caches) didn't make it fast, but then I cleared website data (preferences->privacy->website data->remove all) and this fixed the issue.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 29 days ago Link
x.15a2
Great, thanks for the update! I'm sure that this info will help others as well.

Thanks!
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader2 years and 29 days ago Link
brians
If anyone hits this issue again, feel free to reach out to me directly: brian@duckduckgo.com. We have had some reports of this in the past but we've been unable to replicate or determine the root cause. If clearing website data fixed the issue maybe the settings had gotten into some kind of invalid state? I'd be curious to debug with someone next time it comes up.

Thanks!
Brian
posted by brians Staff2 years and 29 days ago Link