Yahoo partnership

bawldiggle bawldiggle
Created: 1 year and 9 months ago • Updated: 1 year and 9 months ago
In my experience over many years I have always avoided "Yahoo" on results pages.
I have found their search results to be irrelevant to my search, loaded with a lot of marketing "buy me" links

When I search the web now with DDG how much is Yahoo search-engine input ?
case in point:
1. how to find DVD burner model on Toshiba
- plenty of results to sell me Toshiba, sell me DVD/CD drives, online converters
2. how to copy USB data to DVD ?
- loads of DVD to USB -- mostly apps "DVD to USB -- no "how to"
- after 45 minutes of scrolling down the results list ... I gave up

Whenever I want to buy something I use Startpage/Ixquick

Its very difficult to escape the clutches of Google, YouTube and they "gotcha"

I am very concerned about "Yahoo" as I find their results very weak, and mostly irrelevant

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
This article may also be of interest to you: https://duck.co/help/company/yahoo-partn...

In short, DDG will continue to work and function as it has in the past, while continuing to improve. DDG has always used Yahoo as one of it's sources, they have just strengthened the relationship with them for improved feature (date filtering, for example). DDG uses it's own search algorithms and is NOT Yahoo in a DDG wrapper.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader1 year and 9 months ago Link