Can't Delete/Remove/Eradicate DDG

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 2 years and 1 month ago • Updated: 2 years and 1 month ago
I'm running Chrome on Win7 OS. I don't know how DDG found its way onto my computer but it did and I can't delete it. I've checked programs to uninstall and it's not there to remove. I've checked default search engines under settings and it's not listed. Every time I try to use google, DDF hijacks the webpage. How do I remove it? Or, at least, give me the option to select it rather than unilaterally requiring me to do so?

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
Hello and thanks for your questions. First, let me assure you that DDG does not install itself without user authorization, that goes completely against our way of doing business. I suggest that you read through this forum thread for information about removing DDG from your browser: https://duck.co/forum/thread/1710/how-ca...

One thing that interests me is your comment: Every time I try to use google, DDF (sic) hijacks the webpage.. Does this mean that if you try to go to google.com you are redirected to duckduckgo.com? If that is the case, it's possible that someone has altered you HOSTS file.

Thanks!
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader2 years and 1 month ago Link
This comment has been removed for violation of our forum rules.
posted by <hidden> • 2 years and 28 days ago