Remove searches with specific keywords in personal library

<hidden> anonymous
Created: 2 years and 16 days ago • Updated: 2 years and 15 days ago
There are many things which wind me up with internet searching. But here's an idea I just had which could work.

It would be great to have my library of keywords which either are regular included in my searches or keywords I always want to remove from search results. As an example, I regular search for information about Dynamics CRM. The issue is, there is so much old stuff out there, and even if I do the last week, last month, last year search I still find pages about Dynamics 4.0 which are ten years old product, and I want info about Dynamics CRM 2016. But even if I search Dynamics CRM 2016, I still find search results talking about 4.0.

So what I would like to see is the ability to create my library of keywords. So if I'm searching CRM on a regular basis, I should be able to select my CRM library keyword filters to include, or not includes keywords in those libraries. So in my not include library I would have 4.0., Salesforce, etc. Then surely my regular searches will provide me better results and I'll spend less time drilling those the links.

SO I think this could lead to machine learning on a personal level for searching for things I'm interested in and filtering out the stuff I don't want.

If this isn't new idea, then let me know what your answers are.

This forum has been archived

Thank you all for the many comments, questions and suggestions. Particular thanks go to user x.15a2 for constantly monitoring, replying and helping so many users here. To continue these discussions, please head over to the DuckDuckGo subreddit.

x.15a2
I believe that what you are asking for (and please correct me if I'm mistaken) would require the use of a DDG user account and having DDG store user data for predictive search results. This goes against the DDG philosophy of "We don't track you".

Your comment:
Quote:
SO I think this could lead to machine learning on a personal level for searching for things I'm interested in and filtering out the stuff I don't want.
basically amounts to Bubble Searches which DDG does not do.

I think that I would find some sort of macro extension for your browser or OS and use it to quickly enter unwanted search terms to the end of the search string that you enter.
posted by x.15a2 Community Leader2 years and 15 days ago Link